How to install WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open source content management system (CMS) which is based on PHP and MYSQL. It is currently a fastest growing CMS software. Due to its user friendly environment for the users, it is being more popular among people to create their websites and Blogs.
Here are some easy steps to start up with WordPress.
- Step1: The very first step to work around with wordpress is to download the WordPress folder.You can download the latest version of the WordPress from wordpress.org
- Step2: After downloading the wordpress folder,you can copy that folder on your local FTP.(If you are working on local xammp server then copy that folder inside htdocs folder).And rename the name of folder WordPress to any other name of your project.
- Step3: Now create a database in your local server.Type localhost/phpmyadmin to create a database for your project.
- Step4: Then type your URL on the browser.As if you are in localhost then,localhost/your_project_name.Then there will appear a setup options for your wordpress site.you can choose your language and click on continue.
- Step5: Now you will get another setup option in your browser.
- Step6:Click on run the install and there appears a settings for your personal details for your site.And with these details,you can finally logged in to your wordpress dashboard.
And Finally,a dashboard View: